Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tasty Tuesday

Ok, so I'm dangerously close to being ridiculously corny, I know. But Thrift Score Thursday has been going so well, I thought it would be a great idea to start another weekly tradition on the blog. Keeps me consistent.

This morning I made kale chips. I've never had them before, whoa they are so yum. So light and crispy, I can't stop eating them. I used a recipe from here and made a couple adjustments;

1 bunch kale, hand-torn into bite-sized pieces (discard the tough inner stems)
1/2 tsp curry powder
2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
1 Tbsp lemon juice
Olive oil or canola oil cooking spray

Kale Chips

1. Preheat oven to 300°F. Spray 2 large baking sheets with canola or olive oil cooking spray. Whisk together the olive oil with the lemon juice, sea salt, and curry powder. Make sure your kale is rinsed and thoroughly dried; use a salad spinner and blot with paper towels afterward to get rid of excess moisture. Drizzle the oil mixture over the kale and toss with your hands until all surfaces are coated.

Kale Chips


2. Spread the kale in a single layer on the baking sheets, and pop them in the oven for 18-22 minutes, flipping the kale once halfway through baking. The kale is done when crispy and slightly browned on the edges.

Kale Chips

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment