Tuesday, April 19, 2011

kitchen tales

kitchen remodeling

Well, we tore out the kitchen over a week ago and I'd probably describe life right now as chaotic and inconvenient. We're just a day or two behind on our schedule, which doesn't surprise me of course. At this rate we should be able to hook up our stove again by Saturday and have a sink on Monday maybe. For now, the kitchen is in the dining room. We eat sandwiches and microwaved soup that we had stocked up in the freezer. Also, we went out to eat a few times last week, which is yummy, but um, with 4 kids in tow, it's not always very relaxing and it's definitely not affordable!

the kitchen is in the dining room

Matthew is doing all the work of course. I try to help him, but there's just no time. All the little inconveniences of not having a kitchen while caring for little ones add up during the day. Being cramped, having a limited menu, going to the bathroom to get water or rinse things, never knowing for sure where anything is, and trying to coordinate nap-time around the noisy work.... The funniest part is that you have to walk through the kitchen to get to the basementand back door, so while it's closed off with plastic I have to walk out the front door with laundry baskets (or the dirty diaper pail!) and go to the back door to get to the washer and dryer in the basement. We live on a busy boulevard and it feels real silly walking through the front yard with piles of laundry. Also, it's been raining a lot lately! Anyways, by the time I'm done putting the kids to bed and washing all the dishes in the shower, I'm pooped. And any time I have free from the kids during the day I'm working on my spring collection (coming soon!).

1 comment:

  1. I can not imagine doing this with the 4 kids. Totally inspiring and I suppose a lot more motivating to finish the renovation on schedule!

    ReplyDelete