Thursday, March 4, 2010

Beach! Here I come!!!

The entirety of my husband's family is meeting in Florida next week to celebrate the return of my sister-in-law from Afghanistan. She's a doctor in the military and after 10 long months, she's back home in Jacksonville with her husband and 2 girls. I can't wait to see the fam, and of course, the beach.
But the swimwear challenge is at hand. Ever since I had my first baby I've never been in a suit that I like/fits well. I'm really drawn to vintage styles now, and I think this might be the key....


Sweetheart necklines are flattering on me, I think. Dark colors. High waistlines sometimes.



Remember 5 or 6 years ago when the boyshorts cut was popular? What happened to that? I loved that. I don't care whether it was flattering or not, the fact is I will NEVER (again) shave down there (tmi?), and the low leg cut was great for that!

I looked a bit online and did find a few vintage-inspired suits that I liked until I saw the price tag. Speaking of, I also found this rectangle of fabric for $98....wha?....

I think I might try and make my suit. I'll keep you posted.....
photos from here

No comments:

Post a Comment