Friday, September 4, 2009

Well I just want to dye.

Bill Murray in The Royal Tenenbaums says that line before he woefully takes a timid bite off a cookie after Gwyneth Paltrow's character dumps him. I love that.
Anyways, I'm dying a lot of old sheets and such for my fall collection. How else do I exclusively use recycled materials while still being able to offer multiples in each design? It's been fun. I'm mixing dyes, overdying, twisting and tying.


I'm using rit dye right now. But it's really important to me to continue on and further my mission of environmental and self -sustainability. So I'm really very interested in natural plant dyes. I am determined to learn and switch by the end of the year. So if anyone knows of any resources, please share!

1 comment:

  1. I have been scrolling through your writings and photographs filled with inspiration and aw at how much you accomplish with 4 kids and one of them being a new born. I realize it has probably been some time since you have posted this but I wanted to share with you some info that you may or may not find helpful. I enjoy using fiber reactive Procion dyes from dharma trading company out of Cali found at dharmatrading.com they are non invasive, very well lasting and work with cold water. If you haven't already worked with these dyes I do think you would enjoy using them. You truly are and inspiration I have 2 children and a passion for fashion design and construction as well as vintage, thrifting and all things handmade, salvaged and repurposed. You can find out more about me at bayoubohemian.blogspot.com
    Many blessings of health and laughter to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete